"This is not a disease that people have to succumb to," explains Dr. Edward Kondrot, founder of the Healing The Eye & Wellness Center. He is also the president of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association, and the clinic director of Integrative Medicine at the American Medical College of Homeopathy. "If they begin taking measures immediately to lower their risks they are going to be so much better off. There are a variety of things that can be done to help avoid Alzheimer's, but many people are just not aware of them."
Alzheimer's disease, according to the National Institutes of Health, is a disorder that affects the brain, impairing people from doing many normal routine activities. It can also cause personality changes, memory loss, and other changes in one's behavior. Here are some tips from. Dr. Kondrot on how to immediately begin lowering one's risks of getting Alzheimer's disease or any form of dementia:
- Intranasal Light Therapy This therapy involves having a laser light up the nose. It has been shown to reverse such diseases as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's Disease. The therapy aims to establish a natural internal balance that creates wellness.
- Chelation Therapy. This is a process that removes heavy metals from the body. The heavy metals adversely affect the eye and brain. Having a simple eye test can predict mercury poisoning, making it important that people have the test done.
- Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT). This is a test to measure the nerve fibers in the retina and can be a predictor of Alzheimer's disease.
- Microcurrent Therapy. This is a process that is used to help wake up sluggish brain cells. It enhances blood flow and decreases inflammation.
- Have an eye test. When an eye doctor looks into your eye he can see nerve tissue and blood vessels to evaluate your overall health.
Additionally, Dr. Kondrot can analyze how a patient walks into his office and use that as a predictor of such issues as Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. There is also a correlation between macular degeneration, glaucoma, and Alzheimer's, making it important that people speak with the doctor regarding these issues and doing things to lower their risks of getting all of these diseases.
"There is so much we can do today in order to help prevent and reverse these dreadful diseases," adds Dr. Kondrot. "It's just a matter of knowing the therapies exist and then making a plan to have them done. We help many people with use of these therapies and others."
Dr. Kondrot is the author of three best-selling books, including "10 Essentials to Save Your Sight" (Advantage Media Group, July 2012), and president of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association. He has founded the Healing The Eye & Wellness Center, located just north of Tampa, Fla., which offers alternative and homeopathic routes to vision therapies known as the "Kondrot Program." The program focuses on such conditions as macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eye, cataracts, and others. His advanced programs have helped people from around the world restore their vision. The center sits on 50 acres of land and features a 14,000-square-foot state-of-the-art complex, an organic ranch, jogging trails, swimming pool, hot tub, and more. For more information, visit www.healingtheeye.com.
About Healing The Eye & Wellness Center
The Healing The Eye & Wellness Center is located 30 miles north of Tampa, in Dade City, Fla. Founded by Dr. Edward Kondrot, the Center offers world-class alternative therapies for vision conditions, including color and vision therapy, the treatment of glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, dry eye, and more. The center also offers a variety of seminars, webinars, and training sessions for others in the medical community. Dr. Kondrot is the world's only board-certified ophthalmologist and board-certified homeopathic physician. He is also the president of the Arizona Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association, and the clinic director of Integrative Medicine of the American Medical College of Homeopathy. He is also author of three best-selling books in the field. For more information, visit www.healingtheeye.com.
# # #
Alzheimer's Association. Facts and Figures. <http://www.alz.org/
National Institutes of Health. Dementia. <http://www.nlm.nih.gov/
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.