There are reasons women remain in the girlfriend arena. There are reasons that although she may have lived with the guy for three years, they can break up and she will notice six months later on Facebook that he is engaged to another woman. Although these experiences are hurtful and humbling for the woman they happen to, I am surprised when I talk to them a few months later to find they are usually with a similar guy who represents exactly what their ex did, and most likely will repeat the same situation again.
The number one reason you're his girlfriend and not his wife is most likely due to your choice of men. If you don't do your homework and understand yourself, your parents, and other relationships you have watched and been a part of, you won't make wise choices. A study done several years ago and repeated identified qualifiers that predict more difficulty in the dating arena. Girls who grow up without engaged dads have a tougher time making a wise choice when dating. Dads' relationship with their daughters teaches many things, but one of the most important things they do is model characteristics good men have. Even if dad is lacking in those, his relationship with his daughter affords her insight and understanding of men. If daughter and dad have a close relationship, she will also develop a stronger confidence and self-esteem.
The other behaviors involved with changing girlfriend status are totally up to the woman. If you are tired of feeling used or left at the altar, only to find it wasn't "the altar" he didn't want, it was you, and these suggestions will be helpful.
When I talk to men about what they look for in a life partner they usually tell me three things consistently. They are looking for:
1. A woman who takes care of herself and likes herself and her body.
2. A woman who is independent and yet wants to be with them.
3. A woman who has a good sense of humor and knows what she wants.
My best advice is this: Women who understand themselves and advocate for what they believe in upfront with the guy rarely find themselves in the position of a girlfriend for long. This is because guys that just want a girlfriend and nothing more won't be interested, which saves more time for the guy who is looking for more. -Mary Jo Rapini
- For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
- http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship.
- Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
- Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
- Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
- You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/maryjorapini
- Tweet me: https://twitter.com/maryjorapini
Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo happens every Monday and Thursday morning 9 A.M. CST on Fox 26 Morning News. Catch Mary Jo early on Fox 26 Saturday mornings to get your RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGE for the week ahead.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer