Caution: BEWARE OF THESE BUTTONS.
1. Telling your partner to man up or anything you say that makes him feel like less of a man. Guys have insecurity too, and they struggle with being men and feeling like men.
2. Telling her she would look more sexy if.................... This means you desire someone else.
3. Telling her to calm down when she's upset. This will certainly make her blow her stack.
4. Rolling your eyes, or sighing; sign of aggression and resentment.
5. Acting bored or glazing over of the eyes. Proves you weren't listening and that's because you aren't interested.
6. Saying anything to suggest your partner isn't as smart as you.
7. Comparing your partner to their mother, dad, or any family member that it is understood is a weak link or not a compliment.
8. Anything to make her feel bad about her body image. Anytime a woman feels bad about her body it means less intimacy or sex for you.
9. Any comparison to a friend or celebrity you are intrigued by. This begins the jealousy cycle which means more insecurity and less trust.
10. Teasing that lacks sensitivity. Calling someone a name can be playful unless the person is sensitive about the name you call them. Ouch.
11. Mentioning anything about feeling forced into the relationship. This makes your partner feel rejected and that you regret your relationship with them.
12. Mentioning any fond times with an ex. The only exception is a widow or widower.
The longer you are with someone, the more personal power they trust you with. This gives you incredible influence over their self-esteem as well as their wellbeing. This influence means that when you push a hot button you can do more damage to your relationship than if you had just met. Continuing a great relationship means you know when to keep your mouth shut. -Mary Jo Rapini
For more information and FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship.
Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: https://twitter.com/maryjorapini
Fox26 Mornings with Mary Jo talking about "Real Relationships"
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.