Fireworks in the Bedroom
Jul 29, 2013 - 12:01:00 AM
(Guys suffer from low libido too)
(HealthNewsDigest.com) - You have probably read about or heard about the new female libido drug that is currently undergoing trials with the FDA. This means that if they approve the medication, sex could be revolutionized compared to how we view it now. Most of the times when we hear about low libido our thoughts turn to women over forty who no longer have a sexual desire. It is true that low libido is a real problem for women, but it is for men as well. Aging, as well as other problems, such as premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, diabetes and Peyronies Disease can cause low libido in men and lack of interest in sex. Women may not feel comfortable helping their partner deal with his problem, because women hold back and are reluctant to take the lead in sexual intimacy.
If your partner has difficulty with his libido or becoming excited after taking an erectile medication, there are things you can do that will help inspire him in the bedroom. Below are suggestions to help add boom and spark to your 4th of July Celebration!
1. Begin by talking about the issue. Hiding it or sweeping it under the rug will only intensify the rejection and resentment. Reassure your partner by helping them understand everyone has problems in the bedroom, and since there isn't a goal, enjoying one another intimately is what they both want to strive for.
2. With men, everything relies on blood flow. Studies support the Mediterranean diet as being the best diet for overall health and heart health. Men are also visual, so if you feel that you have gained a few pounds, going on the Mediterranean diet together can have a bonus effect in losing weight and achieving a higher libido.
3. Less focus on intercourse is the key to success when your partner suffers from low libido. Below are several ideas of what men may find exciting.
- Most men like women who are adventurous and enjoy intimate time, but if your partner is feeling intimidated, slow down.
- Flirt with him by leaving sexy emails, texts or voice mails.
- Text him at work and tell him what you are wearing.
- Buy sexy lingerie or take him with you to help get something you both like. Some guys prefer silky nightgowns, some prefer lacy teddies, and some prefer you wear their shirt to bed (if you are worried about how you look, then purchase one that covers unflattering body parts).
- Turn romantic music on (whatever that is for you), and use perfume both of you like.
- Lighting should be low. Amber light is best for most bodies because it flatters the body and allows men to see the body (remember guys are visual).
- Do not have a goal in mind other than enjoyment. It doesn't matter if it is watching a movie in the living room or sharing a drink in the bedroom; either if fine.
- Men enjoy watching a woman love her body. This is seen when she feels pretty and shows him that. Dance for him or make an appetizer. This is love, this intimacy, this is sex.
- Massage is good for blood flow and being touched in erogenous areas heightens men's blood flow (and women's). Scents that contain lavender, spice, and amber are usually preferred, but ask your partner what he prefers.
- Roll play can add another dimension to a tired libido. It allows an escape from worries and interjects play into the bedroom. Something as simple as a blind fold can help excite by emphasizing touch and allowing yourself to passively enjoy.
- Watching movies, love stories or reading exotic stories to one another is another way to help excite your partner.
Sexual problems are made worse when the couple doesn't talk about the issue and when they are reluctant to experiment and try new things. There is no right or wrong way to have sex, and the broader your definition of sex is, the more likely you are to achieve great sex. Getting out of your own way and allowing yourself to enjoy one another will help create fireworks in your bedroom. -Mary Jo Rapini
For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship
Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Join me weekday Mornings for "Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo" on Fox 26 Houston at 9 A.M.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or firstname.lastname@example.org We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers who have access to our content for their own media.
© Copyright by HealthNewsDigest.com