Dispelling the Myth of the ‘Perfect Mom’
Aug 14, 2016 - 9:07:35 AM
Six essentials every child needs
1. Your child needs your time. Setting up a quiet time reading or taking a walk is everything to building trust with your child.
2. Set boundaries and have follow through when kids don't follow them. This teaches your child respect.
3. Don't be afraid to be viewed as a "bad mom" to say no. Your child's safety and protection is your first priority.
4. Hug, and show your child loving gestures as much as you can. This is especially true as they grow older.
5. Don't do for your child what they can do for themselves. Doing everything for your children raises helpless, entitled kids.
6. Be on your child's team and believe in them but don't rescue them from taking the consequences of poor choices. This is how kids learn.
You love your child and you want to be the best parent you can be, but to be the best you sometimes have to risk their rolling eyes or tantrums and be the "bad" mom. -Mary Jo Rapini
For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
"Live your life with soul": Free App available from Android Play store now. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maryjorapini.soulintention
iOS version https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soul-intentions/id980267702?l=ru&ls=1&mt=8
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: https://twitter.com/maryjorapini
Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo happens every Monday and Thursday morning 9 A.M. CST on Fox 26 Morning News. http://www.fox26houston.com/mary-jo-rapini
For advertising/promo please contact Mike McCurdy at [email protected] or 877-634-9180