Reasons prayer works for couples to build intimacy:
1. When you pray together it shows unity and a belief and respect for something more powerful than you. This helps couples break down their ego and sense of being right.
2. Praying together helps women especially feel more emotional and respectful of their spouse.
3. Praying is a spiritual act and therefore it is more intimate than talking superficially.
4. It helps break down barriers that the couple share, but cannot fix. For example, praying for forgiveness helps each partner feel more forgiven just by praying together.
5. Holding hands and praying strengthens a bond between a couple, and it helps both partners feel more secure in their marriage.
6. Praying together helps spouses understand they cannot change each other and promotes acceptance.
7. Lastly, and certainly not least, it helps put marriage in its proper place, above the kids and the outside world. It helps build the sacred component into your wedding vows.
Prayer is wonderful, but God helps those who help themselves. The best way to improve your intimacy and sex is to have an active prayer life together, but also to seek medical advice and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Intimacy and sex are important to the couple's health as well as the relationship; it isn't selfish to want to enjoy this part of your life. In fact, it is just the opposite. To push sexual problems under the rug or to blame your partner for their need for sex is not only self serving, but destructive to your health and marriage. -Mary Jo Rapini
For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship
Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Join me weekday Mornings for "Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo" on Fox 26 Houston at 9 A.M.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or tvmike13@healthnewsdi[email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers who have access to our content for their own media.
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer