7 Types of Guys NOT to Date If You Want Marriage
Jun 24, 2013 - 12:03:00 AM
1. The guy who tells you he doesn't want a serious relationship right now. Believe him, because it is usually true.
2. The guy who talks about his ex more than he talks about anyone else. He isn't over her.
3. The guy who suggests things you could do to improve your looks. Let him go.
4. The guy who thinks it's genetic to cheat. Marriage isn't natural, that's why you have to commit.
5. The guy who is in his mid to late forties and has never been married.
6. The guy who still doesn't know what he wants to do in his life or career at the age of twenty-five is not good husband material.
7. The guy who is hung up on himself. If he thinks he hung the moon, don't delude yourself into thinking you can change him.
If you are involved with a guy who treats you badly (according to your friends and family), there are usually five reasons why.
Women stay in this state of dating or living with a guy who treats them badly until they can change their view of themselves. This often times requires counseling, because women who date guys who misuse them have created impenetrable defense mechanisms kept in place to protect them when their friends and family question their choice of men. Counseling usually helps by offering these suggestions.
We teach others how to treat us. If you allow someone to misuse you, most of the time, it involves your self-esteem. We cannot choose well if we believe inside that we are lucky to have anyone. After all, if you focus on your faults, they become who you are.
A. Identify things in your life that you don't feel good about and search for the reasons why they are holding you back.
B. Take time to look at your past relationships. How much of the problem was the other person, and how much was you and what you allowed?
C. Try new places to date. Do not go back to the places that you met past failed relationships.
D. Begin trusting your intuition and don't apologize for your views or actions.
E. Be more selfish with your personal goals.
F. Never settle because you are afraid that you wasted time.
G. Re-frame failure as being unable to accept your responsibility that you do control the outcome of the relationship.
H. After each date write down what you did well, and where you failed with personal responsibility.
When women date men who treat them poorly, it is partly because women won't stand up or take responsibility for their needs. If you are with a man who doesn't treat you well, quit believing in magic, and move on. -Mary Jo Rapini
For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
http://ustre.am/PLWS Struggling with low libido in your relationship
Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Join me weekday Mornings for "Mind, Body, Soul with Mary Jo" on Fox 26 Houston
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers who have access to our content for their own media.