Laser Medicine and Surgery Conference and Exposition
Jan 19, 2012 - 5:09:56 PM
Will Attract World’s Top Scientists, Clinicians and Health Care Professionals
(HealthNewsDigest.com) - Wausau, WI – More than 2,000 biomedical laser professionals from around the world are expected to attend the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) 32nd Annual Conference at the Gaylord™ Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida, April 18-22, 2012. Participants will explore emerging technologies, the latest diagnostic and treatment advancements and research trends in laser medicine and surgery. Online registration for the conference is now open at www.aslms.org.
Leading experts in laser health care will deliver more than 200 scientific presentations at the conference and address numerous disciplines, including experimental and translational research, cutaneous laser surgery, photobiomodulation, surgical applications and interstitial laser therapy. Course content will reflect multiple specialty areas such as oncology, dermatology, plastic surgery, dentistry, otolaryngology, urology, nursing and allied health, among others.
In addition, Story Musgrave, a NASA astronaut who performed the first shuttle spacewalk on Challenger’s first flight, will present "Medical, Physiological and Psychological Aspects of Spacewalking." The five-day conference also features technology, equipment and research exhibits from industry leaders in manufacturing, marketing and sales, professional organizations, academia and publishing. Admission to the exhibit floor is free and will be open Friday, April 20 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
“Every year, the ASLMS conference brings together thought leaders from around the world who share best clinical practices, fresh scientific studies and new products that are so vital in the realm of global laser medicine,” said ASLMS President Brian Zelickson, MD, Minneapolis, MN. “The diversity of our membership ensures that our educational offerings are not only cutting-edge, but will appeal to a broad range of scientists, physicians, engineers, and allied health professionals who want to deepen their understanding of how lasers and light-based tools can enhance diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities.”
According to this year’s Program Chair Eric F. Bernstein, MD, “The field of lasers and energy-based devices is enjoying a tremendous surge in research and development of new ideas and techniques, many presented for the first time at ASLMS by the best of the best. ‘Laser 2012’ promises to be an exciting global innovation exchange punctuated by straight talk and networking with colleagues who do what we do on a daily basis.”
What’s New for 2012
The 2012 ASLMS Annual Conference features a number of new sessions and panels designed to cover pioneering research, innovative clinical applications and new generation devices, as well as special programs for pre-career professionals. A sampling of “Hot Topics” includes:
· New Offerings in Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Optical Diagnostics, Laryngeal and ENT -- in conjunction with the Head and Neck Optical Diagnostics Society (HNODS)
· Breakout Session on Photobiomodulation. Held in collaboration with the North American Association for Laser Therapy (NAALT), this forum will showcase clinical applications of photobiomodulation in various disciplines. The session will augment the photobiomodulation breakout sessions and provide an opportunity to expand on preclinical and basic research by providing state-of-the-art clinical applications and dialogue.
· Outcomes and New Techniques for Facelift and Neck Tightening Procedures
· Use of Adaptive Optics Scanning Imaging of Photoreceptor Loss in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
· Clinical Trials for New Indications for Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). Featuring new methods to improve PDT with Gene Transfection
· Burns and Trauma. Tips and parameters for treatment of traumatic, severe and burn scars to optimize patient results
· Voice Surgery and CO2 Laser in 2012: 30 Years of Practice
· International Experience in Lasers in Dermatology
· Surgical Applications: Interstitial Laser Therapy (ILT)
· Experimental and Translational Research and Medicine
· Medical Technology Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Clinical Success
· A Tech Connect Session. Fourteen experts will each discuss their personal procedural and device preference for one of the following five clinical procedures:
1) Laser Hair Removal,
2) Treatment of Vascular Lesions
3) Body Contouring
5) Facial and Neck Lifting and Tightening.
ABOUT THE ASLMS
With over 4,000 members, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery is the world’s preeminent resource for information regarding laser and related light energy, research, education and technology. Its mission is to promote excellence in patient care by advancing biomedical application of lasers and other related technologies worldwide. For more information about ASLMS and its 2012 Annual Conference, visit www.aslms.org.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com please contact Mike McCurdy: tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com or 877-634-9180
HealthNewsDigest.com is syndicated worldwide and has over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.
© Copyright by HealthNewsDigest.com