Give them tomorrow invites families, consumers and corporate partners to join the movement to give every newborn a healthy start and bright future. This fall, the March of Dimes will distribute more than 6,300 gift packages to new moms in hospitals across the country. The gift packages will help celebrate new moms and babies as they begin their exciting journey and moms can fill the box with the treasures that come with baby's every milestone. Participating hospitals include Providence St. Vincent in Oregon, UMass Memorial Medical Center in Massachusetts, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in California, Capital Health in New Jersey, Spectrum Health in Michigan and Charleston Area Medical Center in West Virginia. It's the first year of this pilot program and the March of Dimes hopes to expand it in 2018 and beyond.
"The March of Dimes is committed to supporting babies and mothers in all stages of pregnancy and motherhood, and we are excited to celebrate those who are starting their exciting journey through our Give them tomorrow campaign," said Stacey D. Stewart, President of the March of Dimes. "The support of individuals and corporate partners who care about our mission allows us to continue to provide lifesaving research, education, vaccines and programs that provide healthier tomorrows for all moms and babies."
The March of Dimes fights to give every baby a chance at a healthy start in life, but unfortunately, the preterm birth rate in the United States is getting worse. In 2016, it rose to 9.8 percent, the second consecutive year of increases after seven years of steady declines, and is now higher than that of nearly all other developed nations.
Ways to get involved
With your help, the March of Dimes can create a brighter future and healthier tomorrow for all moms and babies.
- Visit www.marchofdimes.org/tomorrow to join the movement and hear and share the Lullacry, a special lullaby created by the March of Dimes.
- Speak up for moms and babies by signing up for March of Dimes emails to keep up-to-date on additional ways you can help.
- Engage with March of Dimes corporate partners and their efforts to support the cause. More information on each partner's involvement is listed below.
Engage with our corporate partners
Give them tomorrow is made possible by several generous partners and their shared commitment to helping moms and babies. Partners are supporting the March of Dimes campaign through the following efforts:
- ALDI: In honor of ALDI's first full line of baby products, Little Journey, which offers nearly 50 high-quality baby feeding and changing essentials, ALDI will donate $100,000 to the March of Dimes in support of the Give them tomorrow campaign.
- ALEX AND ANI: ALEX AND ANI | CHARITY BY DESIGN® will donate 20 percent of the purchase price from each Baby Block Charm to the March of Dimes, with a minimum donation of $25,000, now until December 2017.
- Anthem Foundation: Anthem Foundation's $1.1 million grant supporting the March of Dimes will help provide targeted interventions to reduce premature births in 19 states.
- Clearblue: Clearblue®, the #1 OB-GYN recommended ovulation brand, is proud to support the March of Dimes Give them tomorrow campaign and to help provide education for women as they plan for pregnancy.
- Famous Footwear: From November 3 to 19, as part of the Give them tomorrow campaign, Famous Footwear customers will receive 10 percent off a future purchase when they make a donation to the March of Dimes in store or online.
- Mud Pie: Mud Pie will proudly donate one dime from the purchase of soft baby headbands and socks and $5 for every purchase of the new "love" bank as part of the Give them tomorrow campaign. In addition, Mud Pie generously donated more than 6,000 baby socks for inclusion in the March of Dimes gift package pilot program.
- Usborne Books & More: Usborne Books & More is proud to support the March of Dimes to help give strength to every mom and a bright future to every baby through the #ReadOutLoud Project. A select team of consultants will donate $100,000 and up to 125,000 books to share with babies and their families through March of Dimes community programs, including the March of Dimes gift package pilot program.
About the March of Dimes
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. For more than 75 years, moms and babies have benefited from March of Dimes research, education, vaccines and breakthroughs. For the latest resources and health information, visit marchofdimes.org and nacersano.org. If you have been affected by prematurity or birth defects, visit our shareyourstory.org community to find comfort and support. For detailed national, state and local perinatal statistics, visit persistats.org. Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.