"It's a big mistake to just pack and go and not put much thought into your travel wellness," explains Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of travel wellness company, Savvy Travelers. "You want to make sure that you pack smart, keep toiletries simple, and be safe and healthy and try to avoid getting sick. That's the best way to get the most out of your traveling and enjoy it more."
Your vacation starts when you board the plane, so indulge in a decadent chocolate and a glass of red wine, then relax with a great new album or a inspiring book. Cozy up in a luxurious wrap and noise cancelling headphones, maybe even bring some socks to keep your feet warm. Wipe off your makeup and slather on a rich moisturizer for hands, face, and a good lip balm, so upon touch down you arrive fabulously.
Here are some holiday travel tips that everyone should know:
- Stay clean.Germs abound when traveling, especially if you are on an airplane or cruise ship. Consider taking a Savvy Travelers kit (available at Nordstrom.com) along, which will help eliminate the germs and reduce the risks. The kits are lightweight and offer sanitizing luxe sheets for hands, counters, airplane trays and seats, hotel remote controls, and more.
- Leave early.Lots of people will be traveling on the same days and to many of the same places. Leave early so there's extra time and nobody will feel stressed by being in a time crunch. It's better to arrive at the airport early, for example, than to be rushing through security and to the gate to make it on time.
- Pack lightly.Get past the urge to pack more than what is needed, as extra items will just slow everyone down. Pack just those things that are needed for the trip and can be mixed and matched for multiple uses. Less packing will usually also mean less to stress about. Also, if you do a lot of shopping at your holiday destination (or receive a lot of gifts), consider shipping them home. The small fee will be worth alleviating any stress that trying to lug them back would create.
- Have patience.Holiday travel can test your patience, because you are often dealing with large crowds and weather delays. Find ways to keep occupied if you are stuck in an airport, for example. Take a deck of cards, ear plugs with calming music, and a book to read, such as the new autobiography by Tina Aldatz, "From Stilettos to the Stock Exchange,"a compelling and heartwarming story of success againstall odds. Be sure to also pack some snacks in case there's a delay in reaching the next meal.
- Pick your days wisely.If possible, choose to travel on the non-peak days during the holiday season. This will help ensure things are a little less busy, which should make for a more enjoyable travel experience.
- Keep it unwrapped.Those taking presents along with them should avoid wrapping them ahead of time if they are flying. Wrapped gifts may be unwrapped by security. Rather, take flat packed gift bags and tissue and wrap them when you arrive at your destination.
"Being prepared is half the battle of any travel that you will do this holiday season," says Margie Floris, co-founder of Savvy Travelers, a marketing expert who also helped Foot Petals to become globally successful. "Also, take a carry-on and you won't suffer when you arrive at your destination and find your luggage lost or delayed. If you are prepared then you are going to find it less stressful and you will end up a savvy traveler!"
Savvy Travelers offers a line of products that help to keep travelers healthy and comfortable. The company offers a line of pre-packaged individual sanitizing personal and surface luxe sheets, antiperspirant deodorant sheets, mouth cleansing sheets, and more. Savvy Travelers travel wellness products are available for only $10 a box, with 6 individually wrapped sheets per box, at all Nordstrom locations around the country. Making a great stocking stuffer, they include the following: "Take Offz" hyper hydrating facial cleanser and moisturizer sheets, "In The Klear" lens & screen cleaner sheets, "No Sweat" deodorant sheets, and "Speak Easy" mouth cleansing sheets. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com or shop Nordstrom at: http://shop.nordstrom.com/.
About Savvy Travelers (SavvyTravelers.com)
For advertising/promo rates, contact Mike McCurdy at 877-634-1980 ([email protected]