“Those who want to stand out and rise above often need some specialized training,” explains Coach Sarah Walls, personal trainer and owner of SAPT Strength & Performance Training, Inc. “This is nothing to feel overwhelmed about, it’s just about focusing on what needs to be improved so that the athlete can be at their best performance and stand out.”
Coach Walls has helped many athletes to reach their full potential, having spent eight years as a strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer and currently providing those services for the WNBA’s Washington Mystics. There are numerous ways she has helped athletes to grow, including:
- Creating custom programs for individual athletes and their sports. Every athlete she works with has a program that has been designed for their needs and for the sport that they are playing.
- Addressing past injuries by turning weaknesses into strengths. Rather than shy away from sports or conditioning because of past injuries, she helps them address those areas and come out ahead.
- Identify risks for future injuries and correct them. Every sport comes with injury risks, some of which can end an athlete’s career. Being able to reduce some of those injury risks will help keep people in the game longer.
- Positive training environment. Many coaches take a tough love approach, which may backfire, while Coach Walls focuses on offering a positive and supportive environment for the athlete to grow in.
- Nutrition for a healthy body and maximum performance. Every athlete who wants to get the most out of their diet needs to understand nutrition, which is an area that Coach Walls focuses on.
- Mindset training. The right mindset makes a world of difference in how far an athlete can go, making it important that they learn to have the right mindset for the game and training.
- Reactivity training. Being able to put it all together and use the training an athlete is getting is essential.
“Those athletes who want to make it to the next level have a much better chance of doing so if they get individual training,” added Coach Walls. “Having helped many amateur, collegiate, and professional athletes, I know what it takes to help them get there, both mentally and physically.”
Sarah Walls has over 15 years experience in coaching and personal training. Owner of SAPT Strength & Performance Training, Inc, founded in 2007, she offers coaching to develop athletes, adult programs, team training, online coaching, and more. She is also the strength and conditioning coach for the WNBA’s Washington Mystics, and has over eight years of experience working as an NCAA D1 strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer. To learn more, visit the site: www.saptstrength.com.
SAPT Strength & Performance Training, Inc.
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, SAPT Strength & Performance Training, Inc. is a high performance training club that specializes in helping to develop athletes of all ages. They offer athletic training programs for youth, college students, and amateurs. The company was founded in 2007 by Sarah Walls, a professional strength and conditioning coach and personal trainer with NCAA D1 experience, who is the strength and conditioning coach for the WNBA Washington Mystics team. To learn more, visit the site: www.saptstrength.com.
# # #