A board certified plastic surgeon and founder of Harbor Plastic Surgery Center in Gig Harbor, Washington, Dr. Justin Piasecki offers consumers a few natural and healthy tips on how to prevent skin from aging. "As people age, the tendency has been to resort to unnatural and costly methods to help reverse the aging process," said Dr. Piasecki. "In reality, there are a number of natural methods that individuals can employ every day that are right at their fingertips in order to keep skin looking fresh and youthful."
Just in time for the new year, Dr. Piasecki's anti-aging suggestions include:
- Moisturize- Applying moisturizer to one's skin helps to trap water under the skin, which can give skin a brighter and more youthful appearance.
- Maintain proper nutrition- Certain foods, combined with exercise and general skincare basics, can improve the look and health of your skin.
- Adhere to a cleansing routine- A proper facial cleansing routine, utilizing gentle cleansing techniques and effective ingredients, can help to minimize the signs of aging.
- Wear sunscreen every day- As the sun can accelerate the aging of skin, it is important to wear sunblock with at least a 30 SPF on all skin areas that are exposed to the sun.
- Do not tan- Whether a tan is obtained from the sun or from a tanning bed, tanning exposes individuals to harmful UV rays that can cause age spots, a blotchy complexion, wrinkles, and in extreme cases, skin cancer.
In an effort to help reduce the signs of aging, Dr. Piasecki has recently developed a skincare line, Piasecki MD, that creates a radiant and youthful appearance while at the same time helps to prevent skin cancer development. The idea for the skincare line began as a personal project to benefit Dr. Piasecki's friends and family. In the summer of 2010, Dr. Piasecki experienced what could have been a life-altering accident, as he fell 20 feet to the ground after attempting to climb up a rope to a hayloft at his home. After a miraculous recovery, he walked away a changed man and immediately looked for ways to positively impact the world around him, which served as the catalyst for the Piasecki MD products.
In early 2013, using his wife, Jill, as his tester, Dr. Piasecki began formulating products that would both prevent skin cancer and give skin a beautiful, healthy-looking appearance. Later in the year, they decided to launch Piasecki MD with the goal of selling unique products at an affordable price. Proceeds from the sale of products will be donated to support opportunities for children.
Dr. Piasecki has been performing plastic micrographic surgery at Harbor Plastic Surgery Center for the past five years. Earning his certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and the American Board of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Piasecki is the only board certified plastic surgeon in Gig Harbor, Washington. A graduate of Stanford University and Vanderbilt Medical School, Dr. Piasecki received his formal training in Mohs micrographic surgery from the University of British Columbia.
About Harbor Plastic Surgery Center
Located in Gig Harbor, Washington, Harbor Plastic Surgery Center is a small, boutique practice that prides itself on providing the highest level of care and service to its patients. The practice specializes in breast and body contouring, facial cosmetic surgery, minimally invasive procedures, and Mohs surgery. In addition to his duties at Harbor Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Justin Piasecki also directs the internationally-acclaimed Skin Cancer Center and the Medicare Certified Operating Room, accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). For additional information, please visithttp://
# # #
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.