It’s essential to build up your layer of protection before venturing out into the sun, which means you should slather on the lotion whether you plan to take a walk in the shade or to lounge on a veranda. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, sunscreen should be applied 30 minutes before you leave the house, and every two hours, particularly after sweating or swimming and drying off.
Try to use a dedicated sunscreen product, rather than a moisturizer or foundation that contains an SPF. You can choose your level of protection based on your activities to assure you are getting enough coverage. Tinted moisturizers and makeups typically offer less protection as the natural oils of your skin and sweating break down pigment quickly during the course of the day.
1. Lumixyl’s MoistureLock Sunscreen provides SPF 30 protection and is the first sunscreen to feature Lumiblock technology, a dual layer protection system – it applies invisibly, acting like a moisturizing primer without the visible sheen that shows with some sunscreens, making it perfect for use under makeup. (http://www.lumixyl.com)
2. Clarins has created UV Plus HP SPF 40, a sheer screen that can be paired with any moisturizer. Mineral filters shield skin from sun damage and defends against harmful environmental elements and pollution. (http://www.clarinsusa.com)
3. Depending on summer activity level, you might need a different product from day to day. La Roche-Posay’s Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid is perfect for outdoor and beach use and goes on like liquid silk (http://www.laroche-posay.us)
4. Mineral-based sun protection products are becoming increasingly popular, and Block Island Organics offers both UVA and UVB protection in SPF 30+. Both are ultra light and water-resistant. (http://www.blockislandorganics.com)
5. When applying sunscreen, there are often areas that we forget or overlook. Clinique’s Sun SPF 45 Targeted Protection Stick is great for use around the eyes, lips, nose, earlobes, as well as on scars. It is oil-free and protects fragile areas from UVA and UVB rays, and also helps guard against premature aging. (http://www.clinique.com)
6. If you are looking for a sunscreen that does double duty, ZO® Skin Health Oclipse Sunscreen + Primer SPF30 is an excellent choice for under makeup because it acts as a primer and smoothes the skin’s surface while offering strong protection all day long.
Regular skin examinations can detect any irregularities or precancerous lesions before they present a problem. Check with your dermatologist if you find anything that looks suspicious or visit www.skincancer.org.
Wendy Lewis is President of Wendy Lewis & Co Ltd, Global Aesthetics Consultancy, author of 11 beauty books and the Founder and Editor of http://www.BeautyintheBag.com
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com please contact Mike McCurdy: tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com or 877-634-9180
HealthNewsDigest.com is syndicated worldwide, and our content is free to all media. www.HealthNewsDigest.com
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer