(HealthNewsDigest.com) - EDGEWATER, MARYLAND - (June 23, 2014) - For many years, people have been searching for the "fountain of youth." As they long to turn back the clock on their skin, or keep the aging process from advancing, they have turned to sacred natural springs, drank touted tonics, and visited spas for treatments. The good news is that while we can't keep the calendar from moving forward, we can do some things to help keep our skin from aging as fast.
"There may not be a true fountain of youth, but there are anti-aging secrets that can help keep you looking younger for longer," explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini, of MD Dermatology, offering locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland. "In most cases beautiful skin doesn't just happen. People work at having beautiful skin."
Here are 5 anti-aging secrets to having beautiful skin:
1. Boost antioxidant intake. Antioxidants are found naturally in many foods and are important because they help to fight the free radicals that lead to cancer. Boost your antioxidant intake by eating plenty of dark-colored vegetables, berries, drinking tea, and even eating a little dark chocolate every couple of days.
2. Eat a healthy diet. When you eat a healthy diet you will be taking in the nutrients and micronutrients that your skin needs to be healthy. Be sure to get plenty of healthy fats in your diet, too, from such sources as avocados, fatty fish, seeds and nuts, and olive oil.
3. De-stress and unwind. It is important to de-stress and relax. Find an effective way to de-stress that you enjoy, such as doing yoga, bike riding, meditation, tai chi, or jogging.
4. Get enough sleep. The rushed and busy lives most of us live today make it difficult for us to get proper sleep. Be sure to get enough sleep each night, which is usually around 7-8 hours for an adult.
5. Protect your skin. Take measures to protect your skin so that it does not get sun damage or skin cancer. Be sure to seek shade, wear a wide-brimmed hat when in the sun, and use a good quality sunscreen.
"Another route to helping you have beautiful skin is to come see us at MD Dermatology," added Dr. Saini. "We have helped countless people with anti-aging and treatments that have secretly helped them have beautiful skin. We can help you, too!"
MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures, including precision neck contouring, laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
About MD Dermatology
With locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland, MD Dermatology is a full service medically directed spa. The spa is owned by Dr. Sanjiv Saini, a board certified dermatologist, who has also taught at Howard University. MD Dermatology offers a full of services, including precision neck contouring, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and more. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
# # #
For rates and information on advertising, call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180. Or email at [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.