Surgery-Free Body Contouring: New Techniques Transforming Results for Patients
May 24, 2017 - 8:17:21 AM
Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Benefits
Fat reduction is for people who are near their normal weight but have areas that don’t respond as well as others. Body sculpting is not a replacement for living a healthy lifestyle; instead, it can provide the incentive to continue following your healthy eating and living habits. The benefits of non-surgical body sculpting include:
● No need for incisions, stitches or anesthetics.
● A shorter downtime with permanent results.
● Minimal side effects or pain.
● Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval.
● Certain fat sculpting procedures can tighten the skin, reducing the chances of being left with saggy areas.
By avoiding plastic surgery, you can avoid the following:
● Post-operative medications and their inherent risks.
● Complications following anesthesia.
● Risks of developing a fat embolism.
● Bleeding complications.
● Long post-operative recovery time.
● Chance of developing an infection after surgery.
Although cosmetic surgery techniques like breast lifts and tummy tucks are life-changing and can help many patients achieve their desired results, non-invasive fat reduction comes without the scarring, discomforts, downtime, risks and long healing time before you get to see the results.
If you want to drop a size or two or wish your clothing fit you better, fat sculpting is for you. The purpose of fat reduction is not to help you lose weight, but instead, it is to address stubborn areas of your body that don’t respond to your efforts to diet or exercise.
Surgery-Free Body Contouring Procedures
Today’s top body contouring procedures are non-invasive skin tightening and non-invasive fat reduction.
Non-Invasive Fat Reduction: There are many treatments, which are effective alternatives to surgery that fall under a variety of names like Vanquish, Liposonix, and CoolSculpting. Talk to your dermatologist to find the best one for your specific needs. Here’s how some of them work:
● Vanquish: This fat reduction procedure uses radiofrequency to heat and destroy fat cells without damaging nearby tissue or skin. This type of body contouring causes no pain and comes with minimal downtime. Most people can shave one to three inches from of their abdominal area by undergoing one Vanquish treatment per week for four weeks.
● Liposonix: Using targeted ultrasound energy, dermatologists can remove excess fat from your skin and shape your body according to your desired outcome. It only takes a one-hour Liposonix treatment session to get visible results.
● CoolSculpting: Using controlled cooling, this procedure freezes off fat cells, leaving your surrounding tissues and your skin unaffected. It takes several weeks for your body to absorb the fat cells and expel them, leaving an approximate 20-percent reduction in fat in the treatment area. Since being introduced, CoolSculpting has been used more than three million times and is the most popular non-invasive fat reducing procedure due to consistent comfort and effectiveness.
Non-Invasive Skin Tightening
For some people, it is excessive skin, not fat, that is the problem. If you have lost a large amount of weight or are of an advanced age, sagging skin can be a problem. Skin tightening can improve your skin tone using energy forms like ultrasound, radiofrequency, and lasers. This energy permeates deep into your skin, which regenerates collagen, firming up your neck, face, upper chest and other problem areas.
You are a good candidate for non-surgical skin tightening treatments if you have mild to moderately loose skin, as the results are not as dramatic as surgery. If you need more help, such as what you would get from cosmetic skin lift surgery, you may be disappointed, so talk to your dermatologist about your expectations first.
Non-surgical body contouring can give you great results, but remember, it is not a substitute for surgery if you happen to have a lot of excess skin or fat. The best advice is to discuss your goals with your medical professional, so you can choose the right treatment based on your situation.
You don’t have to go under the knife if you want to remove stubborn fat or tighten loose skin. Non-surgical body sculpting may be exactly what you need. Be sure to talk to a board-certified cosmetic surgeon to understand your options. Many offer payment plans to make your treatments easier to afford, too. If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, it can affect your self-esteem, but these non-invasive procedures can give you back your confidence without the pain or prescriptions.
Peter Sheppard is a personal trainer who understands the frustrations people feel about stubborn body fat. Always looking for ways to help, he enjoys posting his insights on various health and lifestyle websites