"There are procedures for every person's comfort level," explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology, with locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland. "Whether you want something minimally invasive, such as precision neck contouring, or you want something more like a chemical peel, there's something for everyone."
There are numerous options that people can choose from in order to look younger, as well as get a boost in their confidence. Here are a few ways to look years younger without going under the knife:
- Consider non-surgical procedures. There are several non-surgical treatment options that people can choose from to help turn back the clock. Consider such options as injections (e.g., Botox, Juvederm, Radisse), which is something that 3.7 million people per year opt for. Additional options include microdermabrasion and laser treatments. These treatments can help minimize wrinkles, aging spots, and more.
- Get moving. Maintaining a regular exercise plan is important to help slow the aging process. Be sure to do both cardio and weight-bearing exercises throughout the week to maximize the benefits. Staying active also helps with balance, endurance, and strength. Additionally, add something to your routine that reduces stress, such as tai chi or yoga.
- Eat your veggies. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, which help to keep your body healthy and aging better. Load up on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and be sure to get plenty of water.
- Get plenty of rest. Getting poor sleep or not getting enough sleep is associated with a poorer quality of life, according to the National Institutes of Health. Adults of all ages need to have seven to nine hours of sleep per night.
- Watch the sun exposure. Sun exposure in small amounts is needed for the body to make vitamin D, but more than that and you are risking skin cancer. Those who spend a lot of time in the sun are at risk for it prematurely aging their skin. Take precautions when going out into the sun, such as wearing a hat, sunscreen, seeking shade, etc.
"Even small measures to turn back the aging can have great results," added Dr. Saini. "Combine a few of these options and you will feel and look years younger. The options are available for those who want to look younger."
MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures including precision neck contouring, laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
About MD Dermatology
With locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland, MD Dermatology is a full-service medically directed spa. The medical spa is owned by Dr. Sanjiv Saini, a board-certified dermatologist who has also taught at Howard University and is the coordinating dermatologist for the Washington Nationals baseball team. MD Dermatology offers a full array of services, including precision neck contouring, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and more. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
# # #
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Top 5 Procedures: Surgical & Nonsurgical. < http://www.surgery.org/sites/
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Top 5 Cosmetic Surgeries by Gender. <http://www.surgery.org/sites/
National Institutes of Health. Sleep and Aging. <http://nihseniorhealth.gov/
For ad rates, call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or email at tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com We have over 7,000 journalists who are subscribers.