Don’t Feed Your Pet One More Bite Without First Reading This!
Aug 30, 2017 - 11:21:05 AM
(HealthNewsDigest.com) - NEW YORK, New York (August 30, 2017) – Each day around the country, there are millions of people who will reach for pet food to feed their furry family member. What they don’t realize is that they may be harming their pets if they haven’t taken the time to learn what their pet should be eating and to evaluate if the pet food they’re buying fulfills those needs. One veteran is standing guard, aiming to help protect pets everywhere as he strives to revolutionize the pet food industry, leading people to healthier food options that will help their dogs and cats live a better quality of life.
“There is so much that people don’t realize about pet foods, and not knowing this information can lead to their pets becoming sick, living a lower quality of life, or dying prematurely,” explains Will Post, founder and CEO of Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation. “The more people know about how to feed their pets well, the better off they and their pets will be in the long run. A little information can go a long way toward helping them make better decisions and help keep their pets happy and healthy.”
Those who want to ensure that they are getting healthy pet food should keep the following tips in mind:
- Opt for foods that are made in the USA and that ensure the ingredients are from the USA as well. Many pet food companies import ingredients from other countries, including Asia, where they don’t have high quality standards.
- Look for pet food companies that are transparent in offering information about what exactly is in their pet food and where the ingredients originate from.
- Get to know the list of ingredients that you should always avoid when choosing a pet food. These include potentially harmful ingredients like fillers, preservatives, byproducts, grains, generic livers, chemicals, carrageenan, and unidentifiable additives.
- Pay attention to the pet food recalls to see which company has products recalled and why the recall took place.
- Even reading pet food labels doesn’t always give a clear picture of what’s inside. According to the Food and Drug Administration, each named or labeled ingredient on the package must be at least 3% of the total. If the product says it is a “turkey and chicken dinner,” then it must be 25% made up of turkey and chicken, but the chicken only needs to be 3% of the total ingredients. With the meat making up only 25% of the total ingredients in that dinner, it leaves a lot of room for other fillers and preservatives that are simply unnecessary for the pet to eat and may even be harmful to their health.
- Some words used on the labels can be misleading, including the use of words such as “gourmet” and “premium.”The FDA reports that those words do not mean that the food is any higher quality than any others and the food is not held to any higher standard. In other words, the words are merely there to sell the product to consumers, but they are absolutely meaningless in regard to what is in the food or what the quality of the product is.
- Post points out that US pet food brands are often buried in paperwork, while foreign brands are able to easily walk right into the country with little or no resistance and start offering their food and pet food ingredients to manufacturers.
- Choose quality foods that are made with 100% meat and from identifiable sources. To help ensure pet health, they should be eating foods made from 100% meat, rather than fillers and preservatives.
“As a veteran I make it my mission to help arm consumers with knowledge on how to help protect their pets,” added Post. “This is critical to the health and welfare of pets everywhere, which is why I’ve made it my purpose to stand guard and help revolutionize the industry. It’s a mission to protect the country’s pets from those merely seeking to capitalize on it.”
Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation uses only the best sourced ingredients, uses 100% meat, makes their pet food right in South Dakota, at Performance Pet Products, and offers complete DNA disclosure to show the source of the meat used in their foods. They never use things found in other popular pet foods, such as generic livers, carrageenan, chemicals, unidentifiable additives, and preservatives. They have also never had any of their food recalled.
Hound & Gatos Pet Foods strives to help owners obtain the best quality products for their pets, and they deliver with 100 percent animal protein with no fillers. Visit www.HoundGatos.com and discover the difference of premium quality hypoallergenic pet food. The products are distributed through Phillips Pet, Pet Food Experts, Maddie’s Natural Pet Products in Canada, and Canada's Global Pet Foods. The foods are also available in Canada, at PetOnly.CA.
About Hound & Gatos Pet Foods
Hound & Gatos Pet Foods is a result of one pet lover’s vision of providing only the best for his beloved pets. Will Post, CEO and founder, began Hound & Gatos with the mission to deliver the nutrition his four pets (two Savannah cats and two bird dogs) needed and deserved to be healthy. Today, Hound & Gatos Pet Foods provides award winning 100 percent animal protein (DNA tested) dog and cat foods with no fillers for pet lovers and their special pets across the United States and Canada. Customers can ask stores to carry the pet foods, which are supplied through distributors. For more information, visit www.HoundGatos.com.
# # #
© Copyright by HealthNewsDigest.com