New System Provides Innovative Ways to Avoid Missing Prescription Medication
Jul 8, 2014 - 5:41:43 PM
After noticing the problem of consumer noncompliance, Martin Cooper began a project based on a simple idea; create a talking system of remembering your daily medications using the date of the month - The Med Center system. This system emphasizes the "Date" rather than the "Day of the Week." The "Date" is located on each Pill Box and Pill Cavity, the visual display of the Clock as well as audibly during the alert messages. This repetition of the "Date" helps ensure proper medication compliance, even when the user is unsure whether it is Monday or Tuesday.
"Growing up, my father would forget to take his necessary medication - which would result in him fainting and passing out," says Martin Cooper, the inventor of The MedCenter System. "Coming up with a way to organize my parents' medications and encourage their adherence was the true motivation behind creating the system," he says.
The system works in the following steps:
· Load the entire month's meds into the (31) Daily Pill Boxes and place them into the Organizer with their Green ends up, showing they are full.
· Set up to 4 Daily Alarms to alert you when your medication is due.
· At the beginning of the day, take the correct Pill Box out of the stand and place it into the "Today's Pills" tray on the front of the Organizer Stand.
· A repeating friendly reminder notifies you of the time, the date and which daily dose to take. "Good morning! Please take your morning pills for the 20th."
· Press the red "Alarm Acknowledged" button to confirm compliance and the MedCenter Talking Alarm Clock tells you when the next daily dose is due.
· At the end of the day, return the Pill Box to the stand with the Red end up to show the day's pills have been taken.
· Press the green "Talk / Time" button at any time for an audible notification of the current time and date.
· Press the blue "Alarm Check" button at any time for an audible notification of the upcoming alarms.
· The clock also features an easy to operate, talking, Set procedure for all four alarms, the time and date.
· Large easy to read LCD with backlight makes the clock easy to read, even in the dark.
Doctors and Pharmacists agree that taking medications on a set schedule is crucial for managing your health. With the MedCenter System, taking your medications on schedule, becomes a part of your daily routine.
The MedCenter System has a suggested retail price of $69.95 with the talking LCD clock and $34.95 without it. Other products include: the Monthly Mini Monthly Organizer ($24.95), Traveler Weekly Organizer ($19.95), Daily Pill Organizer ($18.95), Daily Pill Organizer with Alarm ($28.95), and 5-Alarm Sport Watch ($24.95). More products can be seen here: http://www.
MedCenter System products can be found nationwide at any WALGREENS, also at a variety of retailers, including select Kroger pharmacies, Discount Drug Mart Stores, Thrifty White, Kerr Drug, Ralph's, CSN/Wayfair, The Gift Closet, Stacks & Stacks, Active Forever, Healthy Directions, Alimed, LS&S Dynamic Living, Medline, Miles Kimball Easy Comforts catalog, The Shopping Channel (Canada), Mary Maxim Catalog (Canada), Amazon.com, WalMart.
For ad rates, call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or email at [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists who are subscribers.