Back to Campus, Back to School Material Offers
Guidance for Students, Parents, Administrators
"A student's mental health is just as important as their general health," said Wayne W. Lindstrom, Ph.D., president and CEO of Mental Health America. "We know the start of a new school year can be a stressful time for students all ages. These resources are designed to help everyone-students, parents and administrators-promote good mental health and ensure resources are available."
A Back to Campus toolkit (http://www.
- Checklist for Institutions of Higher Learning-reviews various programs and services that colleges and universities can implement.
- Stressed or Depressed? Know the Difference-looks at the common signs of stress and depression and how they differ.
- Boost Your School Performance by Taking Care of You-provides simple everyday steps for students on taking care of one's mind as well as body.
- Top Ten Freshman Year Issues (and how to deal with them)-addresses challenges and solutions of the first year in college.
- A Fact Sheet on Alcohol & Substance Use, and Depression
A Back to School List of Tips (http://www.
Mental Health America's website has additional material on children's mental health. For more information, go to http://www.
Mental Health America (www.mentalhealthamerica.net), founded in 1909, is the nation's leading community-based network dedicated to helping all Americans achieve wellness by living mentally healthier lives. With our 240 affiliates across the country, we touch the lives of millions-Advocating for changes in mental health and wellness policy; Educating the public & providing critical information; and delivering urgently needed mental health and wellness Programs and Services.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers who have access to our content for their own media.