So what are antioxidants and why are they important? Antioxidants are molecules that neutralize free radicals, different molecules which can damage living cells. Free radicals result from oxidation, a natural process which occurs when we digest food, exercise, or simply breathe in and out. Living in environments with pollution, radiation, cigarette smoke and herbicides also increases free radical production. The more free radicals in the body, the more opportunity there is for illness and premature aging to occur. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals in the body, thus keeping the body in a healthier, more balanced state.
"Research links over 100 diseases to a high free radical and a low antioxidant count, yet people don't know that they can take a proactive stance against this risk," states Mark Macdonald, author of the New York Times bestselling book, Body Confidence, and MonaVie spokesperson. "Based on the standard level of nutrients an average person requires, a large portion of the population is not consuming enough antioxidant-rich foods. Antioxidants act as the body's own bodyguard. There are convenient, easy ways to alleviate this deficiency, such as taking MonaVie antioxidant rich juices which guarantees you'll get a consistent, daily recommended serving of these powerful nutrients."
According to Mark, here are five easy ways to incorporate antioxidants into your diet:
· Begin each day with a serving of berries. Berries are some of the best sources of antioxidants, with blueberries in particular packing a great antioxidant punch.
· Enjoy your coffee and tea for a quick pick me up. Past research has shown that coffee is a strong source of antioxidants, and green tea also provides similar benefits. One to two cups a day is recommended.
· Look for color in your veggies. Rich red, orange, forest green, even purple vegetables usually have bragging rights to high antioxidant levels.
· Go nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans and hazelnuts all contain high levels of antioxidants.
· Add two servings of MonaVie to your routine. Most people find it challenging to ingest the recommended 9-12 servings of fruits and vegetables. By consuming two six-ounce servings of MonaVie health juice blends daily, you'll increase your antioxidant load to an optimum level in an easy and convenient way.
For more information about MonaVie, the recent MonaVie survey and the importance of antioxidants, visit www.monavie.com.
Since 2005, MonaVie has developed premium products dedicated to promoting health and wellness worldwide. With distribution in more than two dozen markets, MonaVie brings you antioxidant-packed health juices, nutrient-rich weight solutions, and revitalizing energy drinks made from the best and rarest ingredients on Earth. The products, in conjunction with MonaVie VIEW Antioxidant Scanner, empower people to live healthier, more meaningful lives. That greater meaning is revealed through our heartfelt commitment to doing good in the world and by helping children and families in need through the MORE Project. Start living A More Meaningful Life today and discover the true, life-changing power of MonaVie. Learn more at www.monavie.com, or connect with us on social media.
 Dalle-Donne, I., Rossi, R., Colombo, R., Giustarini, D., & Milzani, A. (2006). Biomarkers of oxidative damage in human disease. Clinical chemistry, 52(4), 601-623.
 Coulston, A. M., & Boushey, C. J. (Eds.). (2008). Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease. Access Online via Elsevier.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com call Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or email@example.com We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers who have access to our content for their own media.
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer