- Homecare: In-home care allows your loved one to receive treatment and care within the comfort of her or his own home. Select a homecare agency that employs a registered nurse who oversees every case and prepares person-centered care plans for each patient. In addition to RN oversight, certain homecare providers, including BrightStar Care®, offer the full continuum of homecare so you don’t have to change care providers as your loved one’s needs progress from companion to personal to medical care. Plus, according to an AARP survey, 82 percent of people prefer to age in their homes.
- Assisted Living Facilities: This option is for those who may need help with certain tasks (i.e.: bathing, dressing, bathroom use) but still want a level of independence. The centers are usually similar to apartment-style dwellings where each person has their own personal space but can have a sense of community with various activities, meal plans, etc.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC’s): This allows people to choose the type of care they would like. In each community there are various levels of care that can range anywhere from independent to those who might require more care. The resident can evolve and move around as their needs change through the course of their life.
- Community Programs: If your family member is still independent but may need services like transportation or meals provided to them, then community programs may be a great option. Some community programs might include Meals On Wheels, adult day care and transportation services.
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU): ADU’s are additions to single family homes that become a separate living area complete with a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc. These can be added to a basement, attic, or any space where a separate dwelling makes sense.
Founded in 2002 as a family business, BrightStar Care® provides the full continuum of homecare and childcare, including pediatric, adult and elder care, newborn care, babysitter, and nanny services. BrightStar delivers skilled person-centered care to clients one-on-one in their home or wherever and whenever they need care through its more than 250 independently owned and operated locations nationwide. The Gurnee, Illinois, based company also offers medical staffing services for individuals, families, healthcare facilities, and anywhere healthcare staff is needed. For more information, visit them online at www.BrightStarCare.com, on Facebook at “BrightStar Care” or on Twitter @brightstarcare
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com please contact Mike McCurdy: tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com or 877-634-9180
HealthNewsDigest.com is syndicated worldwide, to thousands of journalists in all media, and health-related websites. www.HealthNewsDigest.com
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer