10 Tips For Successful Spring Cleaning
Mar 9, 2017 - 9:56:38 AM
1. Clean the Windows. A simple solution of dish soap and warm water and a squeegee will give you the best results.
2. Clean those often-neglected baseboards and door frames. Dish soap and warm water are once again a good solution for wiping down these areas.
3. Dust ceiling fans and wall art. Use a microfiber dusting cloth to wipe down fan blades, artwork and photographs.
4. Freshen Up Window Treatments. Vacuum blinds with a brush attachment. Wooden blinds can be wiped with a gentle wood cleaner; plastic and metal blinds can be removed and bathed in a solution of warm water and dish soap.
5. Clean Out Kitchen Cabinets. First, take everything out of the cabinets and wipe down the insides. Next, sort plastic storage containers and throw out any that are stained or missing lids. Check expiration dates and throw items away as needed. Wipe down the outside of all cabinets.
6. Clean out the refrigerator. Take everything out to give shelves and drawers a good scrubbing. S.O.S® Soap Pads are an excellent tool for cleaning removable glass shelves. Made with durable steel wool and long-lasting soap, S.O.S pads are perfect for tackling an incredible variety of cleaning projects. Simply wet the pad, scrub away any sticky messes, and rinse. Finally, check expiration dates on all food and condiments in the fridge, and throw out or put back items as needed.
7. Clean Out the Couches. Clear out any lost coins and other goodies and use a vacuum wand attachment to clean the cushions and crevices.
8. Clean out the Gutters. A little work now to remove debris and check for damage is well worth it to avoid future damage to your home’s exterior or foundation should the gutters stop diverting water as intended.
9. Clean Patio Furniture. Cleaning plastic or metal patio furniture is easy with S.O.S Steel Wool Soap Pads. Just wet the pad, scrub away dirt and grime, and rinse with a garden hose.
10. Swap Out Outdoor Tools. Clean and put away shovels, salt and snow brushes. Bring out your garden tools, kids’ outdoor toys and lawn mower.
For additional cleaning tips and tricks, visit www.sosclorox.com.