Special Salad: A delightful zesty salad, sure to pair perfectly to your favorite hearty soup - or just about any meal!
- The richer the color of your greens the more phytonutrients and antioxidants you consume!
- Did you know small little sesame seeds are full of bone-building calcium? Per tablespoon, whole sesame seeds contain about 88 mg of calcium.
- This wintry, creamy favorite - Potato Soup - will make a delightful soup and salad combo.
Sweet Potato Cornbread: One of Louisiana's finest homegrown ingredients, yams really perk up this cornbread with their natural sweetness.
- I keep cornbread mix on had at all times to whip up yummy variations - a pantry stocking staple!
- A delicious, yet healthy side as it is diabetic friendly and even gluten-free when using a gluten-free cornbread mix.
- Pairs perfectly with most hearty soups, especially the full-flavored Quick Chili.
Stuffed Mozzarella French Bread: Bread with melted cheese hot out of the oven - what's not to love!
- Dijon mustard is a tangy ingredient that adds loads of flavor with zero fat and calories.
- Use a pulsing or manual food processor to easily chop onions finely.
- Soak up the last drop of Southwestern Soup with this bread!
- Check out these easy and oh-so-tasty Super Bowl Spread snacks!
- For all the Bread Lovers! My simple Italian Pull Aparts begin with biscuits, and guests will beg for the recipe and ask to make it over and over!
- I couldn't let this month get away from us without sharing with you my MARDI GRAS King Cake made with crescent rolls and cream cheese - MY FAVORITE!
- And the Strawberry Heart Cake is such a cute VALENTINE'S DAY sweet treat for all ages.
What's Going On:
2/6: OLOL Soft Opening - Look for Holly's featured trim&TERRIFIC specials at Our Lady of the Lake cafeteria.
2/12: WAFB noon show - Valentine's Day Favorites
For Holly's seasonal Louisiana favorite recipes visit Redstickblog.
Look for fun giveaways and recipes at Red Stick Mom's Blog!
Contact Holly at [email protected] for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Are you on my Facebook Fan Page ? If not, come join for our foodie conversations.
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblo
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.