Kale: Chunky Corn Chowder with Kale and Sweet Potato - Naturally sweet and savory flavors combine for a hearty vegetarian bowl of delicious goodness.
- Just one cup of kale has 5 grams of fiber, 15% of your daily calcium recommended intake, 180% of vitamin A, and 200% of vitamin C!
- Super versatile, add Kale to smoothies, use it as lettuce in your salad and even bake it with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt for yummy Kale chips.
- Kale is the new spinach - look for it precut and packaged in the supermarket by the bags of lettuce.
Quinoa: Fruity Quinoa Salad - Your favorite fruits combined with the zing of red onion and cucumber make a fresh and tasty salad choice.
- Quinoa is a grain-like seed that is high in protein, low in fat and also contains iron and fiber - especially important for vegetarians.
- If you haven't tried quinoa, you will enjoy the easy preparation and terrific taste of this nutty grain.
- Think of quinoa as a substitute for rice.
Salmon: Salmon with Dill Dijon Sauce - Easy preparation and gourmet presentation for a fantastic heart-healthy dish.
- Salmon is more mainstream than a new trend - as it should be since the American Heart Association recommends eating fatty fish, such as salmon, rich in heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids at least 2 times per week.
- Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, providing a host of nutritional benefits including reduced risk of heart disease and inflammation; which helps with joint pain.
- Instead of one large piece of salmon, you can use individual pieces for individual servings.
- I have served this as an appetizer and a main dish at cocktail parties - either way guests were so impressed.
Try my FAVORITE King Cake recipe for Mardi Gras!
What's Going On:
3/13: L'Auberge Casino, Eyes of the Ties Gala, Baton Rouge, LA - Gala for the Opening of The Emerge Center, Master of Ceremonies
3/18: Annual Education Conference on Alzheimer's Disease, Speaker
3/20: Ascension Parish Library - Eating Well to Fight Arthritis, 6:00 pm, Speaker
3/21: Louisiana State TOPS Convention: "Good Nutrition Wins Hands Down "
Contact Holly at email@example.com for corporate wellness program or special book sales (price) for holiday gifts.
Do you have my phone app? Download free: Holly Clegg's Mobile Rush Hour Recipes
Are you on my Facebook Fan Page ? If not, come join for our foodie conversations.
Have you been to my blog? http://thehealthycookingblog.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com. We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.