(HealthNewsDigest.com) - Kick your favorite summer fruits and veggies up a notch with the bold, zingy flavors of Mexican chiles, lime and salt.
- 1 large jicama, peeled, cut into sticks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, cut into rounds
- 16 ounces watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1 lime, halved crosswise
- 1/8 teaspoon of Tajin Clasico* per serving
*Tajin Clasico is a Mexican seasoning consisting of mainly of chili peppers, lime and salt. It is high in sodium, so moderation is key.
- Place cut jicama, cucumber and watermelon on a cutting board.
- Squeeze lime halves over vegetables and fruit.
- Arrange on a plate using 2 ounces of each vegetable/fruit.
- Sprinkle each plate with Tajin Clasico.
Serving Size: 2 ounces of each vegetable/fruit
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 30
- Fat: <1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Sodium: 92.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Other fruits and veggies to try with this recipe
- Green beans
- Snap peas