- 8 oz. bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. In a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate is smooth, remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the almonds, blueberries and cherries to the bowl with the melted chocolate. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Refrigerate the chocolate bark until completely firm, about 2 hours. Break or cut into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
*Melting the chocolate slowly over very low heat will yield the best results. You can also melt it a few seconds at a time in a microwave; stop cooking before the chocolate is completely melted and stir out the last few lumps until smooth.Makes 12 oz.We hope you enjoy this festive recipe and think of us when you are sharing it with your friends and family. We are thankful for all of our wonderful caregivers, the clients and families we serve and all of the individuals who are making a difference in the lives of others. Here's to changing the way the world ages!