Spring Pasta Salad*
IngredientsPasta12 ounces cavatappi or whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package instructions and shocked under cold water
4 ounces asparagus, blanched and thinly sliced at an angle
1 box frozen peas, defrosted
One 12-ounce jar roasted yellow peppers, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 shallot, minced
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
Ricotta salata, for garnish
Dressing1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 clove garlic, grated
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Salt and freshly cracked black pepperDirections
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the asparagus, peas, roasted peppers, tomatoes, shallots and dill.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, tossing to coat.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature to soak up all the flavors for approximately 20-30 minutes or more.
- Shave some ricotta salata over the top of the salad before serving.
Following a healthy diet is essential to overall health and wellness. In line with Home Care Assistance's Balanced Care MethodTM, a holistic approach to longevity, our caregivers are trained in healthy meal preparation through our Home Care Assistance University e-learning platform and have access to hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes like this pasta salad in our various cookbooks. Contact your local office for copies of our Super Smoothies Recipe Booklet and/or Comfort Foods Cookbook. We also have a Kosher Care Cookbook for those looking to prepare healthier versions of traditional Kosher dishes.
### For advertising/promo rates, call Mike McCurdy at: 877-634-9180, or email [email protected]