The CSU Institute for Palliative Care's Executive Director, Helen McNeal, said, "Participants will walk away from this course with a variety of new skills, a new appreciation for the power of palliative care, and a renewed sense of purpose and confidence to continue our important work in hospice and palliative care."
What sets this program apart?
- Comprehensive Content - the program covers over 80 curricula topics relevant to APRN palliative care practice, allowing participants to gain a greater understanding of their field of practice
- Practical and relevant - learn it today, use it today
- Highly interactive - participants learn from a team of expert faculty while sharing experiences and interacting with a cohort of fellow colleagues from around the country
- Flexible - the coursework was designed to work with a nurse's busy lifestyle. The 100% online format allows participants to complete the assignments at any time during the week.
- Manageable - just six to eight hours per week of study time
- CEUs - Earn continuing education units (including pharmaceutical hours)
- Affordable - one fifth the cost of similar classroom-based programs
"This is a comprehensive online course designed by experts in palliative care. It is not a condensed, abbreviated or in any way a reduced online version of a typical series of classroom courses," said McNeal.
If the participant is currently employed and working in palliative care, the institute will work with the participant and their supervisor to arrange their own unique fellowship program. The Fellowship will run concurrent with the coursework for the APRN and will give the participant the added benefit of direct supervision hours not required by the certificate. Learn more about the fellowship option on the website.
For more details, or to register, please contact Cindy Gordon at: 760.750.4020 9AM - 4PM PST.
About the CSU Institute for Palliative Care
The CSU Institute for Palliative Care is America's first statewide educational and workforce development initiative dedicated to palliative care. The Institute offers professional development and continuing education courses designed to enhance the skills of current and future health care professionals. It also delivers customized corporate educational and community awareness programs designed to increase awareness of palliative care across California and around the nation. In addition to the hospice and palliative care programs offered, the Institute has made the eBook - Caregiver's Handbook available on its website at no charge.
For advertising/promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com
contact Mike McCurdy at 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have 7,000 journalists as subscribers.