In her new book, Friends with the Scale: How to Turn Your Scale into a Powerful Weight Loss Tool (SunQuest Media, 2014), Spangle presents a smart, practical approach that help dieters completely change their relationships with the scale.
Anyone who's had a love-hate relationship with the scale knows the frustration and angst that can sabotage weight-loss progress. But Spangle says, "The scale is not the enemy!
It simply gets blamed for the daily actions and slip-ups that affect the scale numbers."
Using stories and examples from her work along with scientific data, Spangle shows readers how to discover the weight-loss power that lies within their scale when they simply make it their friend. Topics include:
- How to prevent the dreaded scale panic when you've been perfect but the scale goes up
- The one time you should NOT step on the scale, under any circumstances
- 14 factors that can routinely affect scale readings
- How the 30-day rule can boost motivation again and again
- Use the scale quiz to decide whether to throw away your scale or keep it
- Ways to break a weight-loss plateau, even when the scale seems totally stuck
- Secrets to managing the dreaded scale at a doctor's office
- Scale rituals that actually work and help improve your success
- Magic words that fix "failure thinking" when the scale number goes up
Friends with the Scale delivers a step-by-step guide that shows dieters how to change their morning weigh-in rituals into one of the most positive moments of their day.
Linda Spangle is the author of the award winning book, 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan (Thomas Nelson, 2007) as well as the nationally-acclaimed book, Life is Hard, Food is Easy: The 5-Stop Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet (Lifeline Press, 2003.)
A registered nurse with a master's degree in health education, Spangle is the owner of Weight Loss for Life, a healthy lifestyles coaching and training program located in Denver, Colorado.
In addition to being interviewed by hundreds of radio shows, newspapers and magazines, Linda has been a guest on numerous TV shows including Fox News, Lifetime TV, The O'Reilly Factor, and National Media for Health. She has been quoted in nearly every major women's magazine, including Shape, Redbook, Women's Day and O Magazine.
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com, call Mike McCurdy: 877-634-9180 or [email protected] We have over 7,000 journalists as subscribers.