· Steer clear of the peanut butter: Halloween favorite Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups will leave you shaking in your boots with each cup containing 105 calories, and 50 of those calories come from fat. Yikes!
· Give me a break: Think a couple of Kit Kats won’t set you back? Think again – three pieces will set you back 210 calories. Don’t break off a piece of that Kit Kat bar, and use your calories on some of the better for you candy choices.
· Believe it or not: Candy corn, the iconic Halloween candy, makes it on the list as one of the better candy choices. A large handful, approximately 26 pieces, contains 150 calories.
· Don’t sacrifice the sweets: Jolly Ranchers are a great choice if you’re going to indulge, with three pieces coming in at 70 calories. Sweet!
And if you dig into the Halloween candy stash a little too much, here are some not-so-scary moves to help you get back in shape.
· Stretch your bones: Incorporate the Frankenstein Walk into your dynamic warm-up to help raise your body temperature and loosen you up.
· Walk the plank: This variation on the front plank with have you scaring your core into shape, as you walk forward and backwards in the plank position.
· Howl at the moon: Go from downward facing dog to Pouncing Werewolf for an excellent total-body workout that will really challenge your core.
For more workout ideas, and to view the complete articles mentioned above, visit ACE GetFit. Happy Halloween!
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com please contact Mike McCurdy: tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com or 877-634-9180
HealthNewsDigest.com is syndicated worldwide, to thousands of journalists in all media, and health-related websites. www.HealthNewsDigest.com
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer