Home care is rooted in the principle that older adults should be free to age at home with the level of care they need to be safe and comfortable while still maintaining some level of independence. In-home care offers seniors the following benefits:
1. Comfort. Our homes are our sanctuaries. They are filled with our sacred possessions and our cherished memories. Research has confirmed time and time again that patients heal more quickly when they are at home.
2. Choice. With Home Care Assistance, older adults can choose the caregiver and level of service they need and adapt the care plan as their needs change. Care is available on a flexible hourly or around the clock basis.
3. Customized care. Home Care Assistance caregivers not only provide support with basic activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation and personal care, but they also provide a much more personalized plan of care tailored to the status, conditions, preferences, hobbies and lifestyle of each client.
4. Optimal quality of life. Studies performed in both the U.S. and Canada suggest that seniors receiving home care maintain higher rates of life satisfaction. The emotional strain associated with moving away from the familiarity and comfort of home often leads to physical decline, further loss of independence and diminished quality of life. In addition, the individualized approach of home care provides invaluable companionship and fosters feelings of security.
5. Longevity. Scientific evidence suggests that home care supports longevity. Personalized, one-on-one support from professionally trained caregivers can help people maintain physical, mental and spiritual health. Home Care Assistance caregivers are trained in the Balanced Care MethodTM, a holistic approach to care encouraging healthy eating, exercise, cognitive stimulation, socialization and calm.
6. Cost efficiency. Studies have shown that home care is less expensive than other forms of senior care such as placement in a nursing home or assisted living facility.
7. Compassionate support. Many trained caregivers believe that what they do is not simply a job, but a calling. They gain satisfaction and fulfillment from helping their clients rather than the financial compensation they receive.If you are interested in learning more about in-home care services, contact your local Home Care Assistance office at 1-866-4-LiveIn or visit www.HomeCareAssistance.com