* Marijuana's psychoactive ingredient, the cannabinoid THC, has been effective in reducing cancer of the breast, uterus, pancreas, and testes and higher doses led to greater protection and longer life.
* THC caused a considerable growth reduction of malignant tumors by triggering the cancer cells to die off.
* THC has a remarkable ability to prevent the formation of plaque associated with Alzheimer's disease and using marijuana could prevent or slow the development of the illness.
* Using marijuana can protect the brain by reducing inflammation and by stimulating the production of healthy new brain cells.
* The cannabinoid CBD can protect the health of diabetics and fight the spread of breast cancer cells.
* Chronic, long-term smokers of marijuana actually have a reduced risk for developing lung cancer.
* Marijuana went from sacred plant to evil weed.
* Irrational legislation built on fear and myth keeps many consumers from benefitting from marijuana.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
CLINT WERNER has degrees in journalism and library science and has worked in the field of preventive health for over 25 years. His writing has appeared in Cannabis Therapeutics in HIV/AIDS, the Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics, Macrobiotics Today, Canine Chronicle, and other publications.
"Marijuana: Gateway to Health blends a clear and concise overview of the science supporting cannabis as medicine with an engaging account of the politics of prohibition that still keeps it from patients. Werner shows just how cruel and counterproductive federal marijuana policy is. His book should be required reading for all medical professionals, elected officials, and everyone interested in health and wellness."
-Andrew Weil M.D., author of Spontaneous Healing and Spontaneous Happiness
"I learned more from this book than from anything I've read in the last decade."
-Marsha Rosenbaum, Ph.D., Sociologist, Drug Policy Alliance
"Billions of dollars' worth of pharmaceuticals are based on opium and cocaine, yet the active ingredients of marijuana are shunned. If just 5% of Werner's claims regarding the clinical benefits of cannabinoids are true, why are governments and drug manufacturers so intransigent about marijuana? Can "pot" be more dangerous-and less beneficial-than legally distributed Oxycontin, ephedrine, Percocet or valium?"
-Laurie Garrett, author of I Heard The Sirens Scream: How Americans Responded to the 9/11 and Anthrax Attacks
"This book is a must read for anyone who wishes to know the science and politics behind the medical marijuana movement. When you hear a claim that sounds unbelievable, this is a great source to use to separate fact from fiction."
-R. Keith Stroup, founder National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
"Marijuana: Gateway to Health is a refreshingly readable book that engages the reader from page one. Werner brings to life the story of how marijuana's medical benefits have been discovered, covering all the bases and putting clinical studies into their proper, broader perspective. A terrific book with heart and soul."
-Ellen Komp, editor The Emperor Wears No Clothes
"Brilliantly written, easy to understand, concise summaries of current research at the beginning of the renaissance of cannabis therapy. Buy a copy before you get old. Buy a copy for your doctor!"
-Michael and Michelle Aldrich, The Aldrich Archives, San Francisco
www.MarijuanaGatewayToHealth.com Trade Paperback $15.95, ISBN: 978-0-9834261-8-9, Trim: 6 x 9 inches, 228 pages, Fully indexed. BISAC: Medical / Health Policy, Medical / Public Health, Health & Fitness / Healthy Living, Health & Fitness / Herbal Medications/Available Ingram Book Group or direct from the Publisher at 415-824-9212 Dachstar Press, P.O. Box 460681, San Francisco, CA 94146-0681
# # #
For advertising and promotion on HealthNewsDigest.com please contact Mike McCurdy: tvmike13@HealthNewsDigest.com or 877-634-9180
HealthNewsDigest.com is syndicated worldwide, to thousands of journalists in all media, and health-related websites. www.HealthNewsDigest.com
Top of Page
Us | Job Listings
| Help | Site
Map | About Us
Advertising Information | HND Press Release | Submit Information | Disclaimer